The DESM-OS E.M.TH. (Management Support Project Economic Media – Consulting) is a civil non-profit company. Founded on the 29th October, 1996 and originally named Interim Community Programs Management Agency on the 15 May, 1997. Following the amendments to the Statute made on February 24, 2011 and in accordance with the N3852 / 2010 provisions, the Eastern Macedonia and Thrace fully shares the repealed Enlarged Prefectural Authority and the Prefectures of the Region.
Therefore, the corporate composition of the organization consists of the following members:
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace with 49.212 %
- Commerce & Industry of Rodopi with 8.145 %
- Commercial & Industrial Chamber of Rodopi with 8.145 %
- Chamber Kavalas with 8.145 %,
- Chamber Drama with 8.145 %,
- Chamber Evrou with 8.145%
- Chamber blond with 8.145%
- Asset Management Company of the Democritus University of Thrace with 0.96 %
- National Development Agency of Northern Greece with 0.96 %.
The headquarters are located in Komotini.
Purpose of Establishment
The aim of the company is to train and manage, as an intermediary, national and EU structural funds, programs and initiatives for the development and modernization of SMEs mainly in the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
To achieve this, the company utilizes the logistical and managerial infrastructure, experience and knowledge of their executives, allowing for a diverse and complete design, plan and implementation of the development of SMEs within the region.
Finally, it should be noted that the Agency is certified according to the requirements of international standard ISO 9001: 2008 with a strong focus on “Design, development and management of European programmes for small, medium and big size enterprises” by the Certification Body of TUV CERT of RWTUV Organization Systems Gmbh (Certificate Registration Number 410020020769-E9) and the Certification Body TUV NORD CERT since 2002 (Certificate Registration No. GR-0890-2017)